Contributed by Diane S.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cooking oil
pinch of salt
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface or
apply a little nonstick spray.
2. In a blender or with a mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients
3. Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles.
4. When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes. They should be
5. Cook pancakes on the other side for same amount of time, until golden
Makes 8 to 10 pancakes.
We make these all the time. They remind me of the ones from International
House of Pancakes. This batter is easy to make and can be made the night
before. Also we have a batch in the freezer to see how it freezes and
defrosts. I expect it to work just fine.
Leftover pancakes freeze wonderfully. Just flash freeze and then bag.
Pop in toaster to heat.
September 98 Recipes