Crisp Toffee Bars
Contributed by Diane S.
10 oz Butter
12 oz Brown Sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla
12 oz Flour
1/2 package Chocolate chips
4 oz Pecans (chopped)
1. Place butter in mixer bowl, cream at medium speed 5 minutes. Add brown
sugar and vanilla; continue beating 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour to mixture. Mix 1 minute at low speed or until thoroughly
blended. Mixture will be thick!
3. Fold in chips and nuts.
4. Spread into an ungreased pan. should be pressed out to approximately
1/4-1/2 inch in thickness.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Cut into bars while still hot from the oven. Remove from pan after
September 98 Recipes