Southwestern Spamburger with Salsa
Contributed by Diana
Ingredients for Burger:
1 12 oz. can SPAM, cut into cubes
1/2 (15 oz.) can whole potatoes
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 cup dried breadcrumbs
vegetable oil to fry
1 package hamburger buns
Ingredients for Salsa:
1 cup drained canned corn
2 tbsp. chopped drained pimiento
1 tbsp. chopped drained canned chilies or chopped
dash white-wine vinegar
2 tbsps. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Mash SPAM and potatoes together and add cumin.
2. Form mixture into four patties.
3. Coat on all sides with breadcrumbs.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over moderate heat, add SPAM patties and
sauté for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Directions for Salsa:
1. Mix salsa ingredients together and salt to taste.
Serve each burger on a hamburger bun topped with salsa.
Recipe copyright ©1999 by Sara Moulton
September 98 Recipes