Healthy Apple-Walnut Muffins
Contributed by Jude
2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp/ea Cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg & salt
2 Large eggs
1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
2/3 Cup Buttermilk
2 Tbsp Oat bran
2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/3 Cup Chopped walnuts (about 1a oz.)
1 small Granny Smith apples, peeled cored and cut into 12 slices
1. Mix together flour, baking soda, and spices.
2. Mix together eggs, apple juice, and buttermilk.
3. Stir flour mixture and oat bran into egg mixture until dry ingredients
are just moistened. Do not overmix. Gently stire in chopped apples and
4. Spoon batter into greased standard size muffin pan cups, filling 2/3
full. Garnish each with an apple slice.
5. Bake at 375° until lightly golden and tops spring back when pressed,
approximately 25 minutes. Cool slightly on a wire rack and turn out
muffins onto rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 muffins.
September 98 Recipes