Contributed by Diane S.
These can be served as a dessert with eggnog, vanilla ice cream or just
served salted as a snack.
1 pound chestnuts
1/4 cup butter or margarine
salt to taste
pinch ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Cut a 1/2 inch crisscross on the flat side of each nut. Be sure to cut
through the shell to prevent the nut from exploding.
3. Place the nuts in a shallow baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Allow to cool and peel off the shell.
5. Place nuts in a skillet with butter and saute over high heat until the
butter is melted and the chestnuts are well coated. Place skillet in oven
and roast until they are golden on top. Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
September 98 Recipes