11:30 AM: No real news here, although I'm in a much better frame of mind now than I was yesterday, or even early this morning. At least I feel like we're all on the same page now. The phlebotomist came this morning and pricked Sophie's finger for the blood draw. That went pretty well, but unfortunately, the blood clotted before it got to the lab, so they couldn't analyze it. Sophie's nurse and I decided we would try to draw blood out of her IV again so that we could avoid another poke, but that didn't work either. They came back at 11:00 to draw blood from her arm. We had put numbing cream in a couple of places, but the first poke worked (thank goodness!). Then one of the residents stopped by and said she would ask the lab to put a rush on the analysis. Seeing the nice resident really cheered Sophie up after getting poked. Sophie hasn't had any fevers since Monday night, so getting out of here really just depends on whether her ANC has gone up. So, we'll see how things work out over the next few hours. And, of course, finding out we're going home and actualy leaving the hospital are two different things. Sometimes the release paperwork can take hours, so I'm prepared to be here for a while longer.
Seeing all those encouraging comments from last night's post was wonderful and made me feel so supported. Thank you for hanging in there with us!